Wapping Music Videos - OMD - Messages

Last Friday lunchtime I was enjoying a crafty pint at the Prospect of Whitby with my housemate @potoft to celebrate my membership of the exclusive '100 Club'. The music changed, and OMD's Enola Gay came on. What followed was a bizarre three minutes and thirty three seconds (less fade out) of what a passerby might mistake as the Pilsbury Doughboy body-popping whilst remaining seated and drinking a pint of real ale. However, I like to ramp up the surrealism by making sure that my song and dance numbers attain a mythic quaity, by not only including 'air keyboard' but also performing them during less appropriate moments, which I think adds a certain aesthetic edge. On this occasion my performance may have coincided with a pair of American tourists saying grace, and I'm not sure if they appreciated my interpretation of Psalm 149 (Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp).

Read more »
 

Popular Posts